where and what

Note; please see entries about alums in body of blog, sample images of work on right, website links for alums below, and alum blogs lower right... and for goodness sake, follow!




Friday, July 16, 2010

michelle ladin




I am very pleased to have Michelle Ladin (grad 06) featured here! One of Pratt's most personable, professional and genuinely passionate design alums, she has been very busy professionally, artisically, and socially, and as usual, I'll let her speak directly;
"It has been 4 years since I was in your senior ID portfolio class. I am now the SHARP Brand Manager / Product and Packaging Designer for M.Z.Berger&Co. I design and develop Digital Alarm Clocks, Atomic Weather Station and Radio/MP3 players under the SHARP, NELSONIC and E-TECH brands. My designs have been placed in; Sam's Club, Office Max, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Walmart, Dollar General, Kmart, PCH and Meijer.
Check out my work on Coroflot: http://www.coroflot.com/public/individual_details.asp?individual_id=87558

My side passion is photography. I have been working on a Street Art photo series since I graduated Pratt and moved to Williamsburg.
(From Trendhunter.com) "Photographer Michelle Ladin is documenting the street art of Williamsburg in the photo series above. Ladin says that her project aims to “[capture] the people’s art—in the moment—before it is washed away, torn down or covered up.” By photographing graffiti and street art before it is covered up, Michelle Ladin protects the legacy of “trend setters, the abstract, graffiti artists, the right to free speech, stencil, paste, spray, post and slap.”
Check out my post on Trend Hunter: http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/michelle-ladin

I love getting up early and walking around my neighborhood taking photos of freshly posted stickers and graffiti. Capturing the art before it can be ripped down or painted over gives me great satisfaction.
Check out my Street Art photograph on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/michelleladin/sets/72157605183932120/

I am very happy to have Michelle here, and in the neighborhood too! She is a powerful force and uplifting spirit, congratulations on the wonderful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment