where and what

Note; please see entries about alums in body of blog, sample images of work on right, website links for alums below, and alum blogs lower right... and for goodness sake, follow!




Thursday, May 22, 2014

kimberly Lewis 2014

Kimberly Lewis  (- check out her website - http://www.kimberlylewishome.com/  ) has (still) been very very busy; I promised her a blog spot before getting sidetracked and can't even begin to figure out a good place to begin, so from Kimberly's site, I think a snap of her client list is a good place to begin for what's new:
Kimberly



And then
from March 5 - 2014:





I can finally let the cat out of the bag! I have been counting down the days/minutes until I could announce! The newest issue of Rue Magazine went live yesterday and Kimberly Lewis Home is gracing its Color Issue!
This feature means so much to me! It felt like yesterday (it was actually Feb 2011) that I attended the Rue Issue 3 party here in NYC. At the time I hadn’t even officially launched my business yet. All I had was a business card with a website that led to a few teaser photos and a twitter account that maybe 20 people followed me on, But I didn’t care! I was planning on launching my business that May and wanted to meet other design industry professionals who were doing their own thing. I remember going to the event alone that night being so nervous, I wasn’t sure if I should introduce myself as a package designer in the beauty industry which was what I was doing at the time or say I was a wallpaper designer. I can’t remember what I decided on but in the end I ended up meeting and chatting with so many people like Roxy of Society Social who is now a friend and was launching her business that summer as well! Small world! I left the event so pumped up with energy and excited about my business and what was on the horizon!
It was a dream to work with the Rue Crew and finally be part of the magazine! I felt like it was a benchmark for my business from how far I’ve come thinking back on that party. Crystal, Kat, and Emily pulled everything together super quick and I am seriously amazed! I put together a little video of some behind the scenes action of the shoot that took place in my Brooklyn apartment / office. I am a super fan of Emily’s work and when Crystal emailed me that she would be coming to my place I was honestly a bit nervous. I felt like I had some big shoes to fill but everything came together and I am so pleased with the entire article.  Emily has an absolutely amazing eye and the photographs turned out stunning! I’m so grateful to have been able to work with her!

Kimberly has had a remarkably adventurous career to date and it shows on her face and in the love she puts into her work and website. I look forward to getting some more first hand takes on how she is enjoying the business end of her design career! Best to you Kimberly!

No comments:

Post a Comment